Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oregon Coast Vacation - part 2


The twins "exploring" at Crater Lake.



The family!



My very beautiful,  pregnant sister and her lovely husband.


Our beloved Grams with the kids at a Rose Garden in Portland.


At Tillamook for cheese and ice cream.




My cousin, her husband and her three children met us at Seaside, OR for a week at the beach.


We so love Dave and Steph.  They are our kind of people.



Scott is so happy exploring the Tidal Pools at Haystack Rock.


Playing at the beach!



Caileigh digging a hole to "catch" Uncle Dave.



Uncle Dave "falling" in the hole.





The cousins!


The biggest sand castle/land/amusement park/ waterway system ever.



The big boys helped.



Grams walking the beach with the kids.



Grams and some of her girls.



Last year after our vacation to Washington and Oregon my cousin, her husband and Scott and I promised to get back together, so after much finagling we found a week and a beach house.  We invited whatever family could make it and we proceeded to meet in Seaside, OR for a week at the beach. 

We had a great time.  We don't often find families that raise kids like we do, think like we do and enjoy each other and are family.  When we do find these people, it is so important to make the time to get together.  It's good for you, for your kids and the entire family.  I loved laughing when my cousin or her husband said something that made my kids turn and say, "YOU say the exact same thing, Mom!"  Like mindedness is a beautiful thing.

My cousin is the very soul of servanthood which kept us fed and organized and her wonderful kids follow in her footsteps.  Her husband, Dave, is a wonderful, funny, Godly leader of his home and kept us laughing the entire week.  My Grams is always the backbone of the family and it is so lovely to see her spending time with our kids.  My sister is delightful and we so enjoyed getting to know her husband  more.  Not to mention that he is very competitive which makes games so fun ( especially when you beat him).  He got even, though. It's a good thing he only stayed for two of the days, he might have showed me up and that might have been a problem!

I love that Scott and Dave get along so well and complement each other well, for good and for not so good.  Even though her kids are older than mine, they all played and went for walks and generally just enjoyed themselves.   I soaked in the laughter, camaraderie and love that were the hallmarks of the week.  I even enjoyed making meals and cleaning because Steph and I did it all together.  

I can't wait for next year, whatever we do will be great.  I hope you can find a family or two that are like minded and find time to be together.  It is a blessing to "live" life together and your kids will be blessed by other examples of Godly families.



Categories:

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time, although I do feel bad because I know you've would've had even more fun had I been there;) Miss you and am thinking of you as I am on the eve of my 1st day of home school, yowza!! Love you

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!