Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Missing the point?

Wow! I am amazed at the responses I have received from my previous postings. I appreciate all the comments even when the viewpoint differs from my own. While I think that creationism is an important, worthy and stirring debate ( and I enjoy a good debate as long as everyone still remembers the golden rule), I find it interesting that none of the comments have spoken to my original point. Why are children leaving the church in droves? What are we teaching our children? Or are we so concerned with our viewpoints that we are missing opportunities to train our children? Are we sending our children to schools that are inundated with secular humanism and then failing to train them at home? Are we sharing our worldview and how to tell the difference between the warring worldviews? There is a battle going on and we will lose the children if we are not pro-active in our training.

Just this morning, I had the opportunity to talk with my children about a pre-school cartoon's casual use of the theory of evolution as a fact. I still maintain that we need to teach our children that God can do what He says He can do and we need to be very careful to teach our children that the Bible is the inspired word of God and that the Bible's authority reigns supreme over what man says, every time. If this offends some, I am sorry for the offense but not the belief behind them. If God is big enough to forgive me for my sins then He is big enough to create the world (pre-fall) without death and destruction as evolution maintains.

I want to see us raise a Godly generation of children ready and able to bring glory to God and to be tools that God can use to bring others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Otherwise, our debate could rage on but really, what's the point if our children go to hell?


Categories:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!