Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the Beginning



School is almost here, so it's time for that annual event, dig out ( I mean clean) the classroom. I'm pretty sure I had cleaned it at the end of the school year but 2 boxes and 3 trash bags later, I came to the the realization that the classroom breeds trash. It does, I promise. While cleaning and rearranging the classroom I put up a really cool Bible timeline with the MFW timeline that the kids had done the previous year. I didn't measure (of course) so I had more room at the beginning than I had at the end. I studied the problem, and being as I am naturally lazy, I didn't want to take it down again, I decided to add a verse ( oh so spiritual of me, I know). I decided to use John 1:1-3 which says, " In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." It reminded me of the discussions that we have been having regarding creation but here is the crux of the matter - "through Him all thing were made, without Him nothing was made that has been made". Through Him, the Word, Jesus Christ.


As a last fling of the summer we went to Rocky Mtn National Park and camped for the weekend, I read this verse to the kids while sitting out side, eating breakfast with a view that firmly convinces me that it wasn't made by chance, it was designed. Caileigh says it best, "Mommy, isn't God a great artist?" Yes, Caileigh, God is an amazing artist.



Categories:

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! How did the kids like the twinkies?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!