Thursday, April 16, 2009

Consistency

I wanted to just write a quick note before making dinner about consistency. Since we went to the parenting conference a month or so ago with Joey and Carla Link we have been pretty consistent on attitudes and first time obedience and just wanted to say that it has worked beautifully. We've been getting, "Yes, Mom or Yes, Dad" the majority of the time and I haven't had to tell them what they are doing wrong, they tell me after they have had a reflective time. There has been much less drama and all Scott and I have to do is point them to the corner or their room and respond when they are ready to tell us what they did wrong and then hand out the discipline.

I love it when a plan comes together.

You can go to Mom Notes at www.momsnotes.com and look under Volume 5 for "It's All About Attitude". All of them have been great but this has really worked well in the stage that we are in.


Categories:

4 comments:

  1. I really like your new layout! Pretty just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new "look" and the family photo is awesome, you guys all look great. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read about this before and we try very hard to implement this in our home but our 13 year old just isn't compliant with it. I'm so glad its flowing at your place! We are hanging in there!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mom's Notes! I just blogged about them today as a matter of fact. Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!