Tuesday, November 05, 2013

The Thanksgiving Tree

We started this last year and loved it so much we left it through the holiday season.  During this season, I wanted my kids to focus on our blessings each day.  Big and little blessings, actually, I wanted us to focus on more of those little blessings that we take for granted.  The blessings that if they were taken away would affect us greatly.  Like quiet moments reading out loud or the blessing of a dog who snuggles on my lap.

I Thess 5:18 says, "in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."  It is God's will that we are to give thanks.  To help remind us, I got window markers and drew a tree without leaves on our sliding glass door and put this verse on it.  Each day we each put one "leaf" on the tree with the thing that we are thankful for.  By the end of the month, the tree is quite full and we can count our blessings one by one.  I can also point a kid to the tree when they are being unthankful or greedy.  It is a great visual reminder of the countless blessing God gives us.  As a bonus, the kids love to draw on the window!














Categories:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!