Thursday, October 21, 2010

Food TV

The Food Network is either my new best friend or my worst enemy. I can't decide. It all depends on the moment. Like whether they just taught me how to make Slow Cooker Oatmeal that cooks overnight and is amazing in the morning or it's 10:00 at night and I'm watching, "The Best Thing I Ever Ate : Sweets". Seriously, 10:00 p.m. is too late to watch a show about dessert because it's too late to go find those desserts and if I did find them, I know I would be 10 lbs heavier in the morning. It's just cruel.

Anyway, this is just a public service announcement to all of you busy Moms. Alton Brown's , "Overnight Oatmeal" is so quick, yummy and creamy that you HAVE to give it a try (click on the blog title for a link). It's healthy and delicious! Then to make it even better, his "Leftover Oatmeal Bread" is some of the best bread I've ever made and again, it's healthy and delicious. I mean breakfast and bread made in no time at all, it doesn't get any better than that.

You can thank me later. Really, I expect thanks for sharing.



Categories:

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Sounds good. I will give it a try!

    I now record 4 Food Network shows. My belly thanks me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Food Network problem. That channel and baby shows are all I watch at night. Mom, Steph and I were just talking tonight about trying to plan a time to come out and see you guys and Grandma. Want to see you so badly! I will try the oatmeal, and thanks in advance in case I forget later:) BTW, just ordered "Beauty" thanks to your recommendation:) XO

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!